What is a PDF file?
“A PDF is termed as Portable Document File (often called Netware printer definition file) which is used to represent different types of documents and it does need any type of special software, hardware and OS. It is usually an open standard of document exchange. It is a kind of file format which has different features in it. It has specifically created by Adobe System in the early 90′s for digital printings and visual arts.”
What are the benefits of a PDF file?
1. It has true flexibility;
2. It supports high level of data encryption and protection;
3. It maintains all graphic elements;
4. It allows file compression;
5. It supports interactive features;
6. It is better used for file-sharing.
What are reasons of PDF file corruption?
When a PDF file is damaged or corrupted, surely it can’t be opened anyhow. And the reasons behind the damage or corruption could be the following:
1) The main cause behind the corruption of it is “virus-attack”. There are many viruses such as Trojan horse and worm which can badly affect our PDF files and damage them completely.
2) One other reason occurs while downloading a PDF from internet and due to some reasons the downloading hasn’t completed properly or download process of the PDF from the server to your computer gets disturbed while in the downloading and due to this we receive a damaged or corrupt PDF.
3) One more reason is that the shutdown process in our computer is not held properly. Sometimes PDF files damaged due to some incompatible programs running on our computer at the same point of time or sometimes due to affected software or hardware.
4) And sometimes, when we do incomplete and bad hard-disk’s partition, our PDF file will be damaged or corrupted.
What are the common errors of a corrupted or damaged PDF files?
When any our PDF get corrupted or damaged, we will get some screen and non-screen errors and some of them might be like these:
1) Error message displays on the screen- “Content is missing” or “Images are not opening.”
2) We get an error on the screen- “File is corrupt or damaged.”
3) An error displays something like this- “There was an error opening this document. The root object is missing or invalid.”
4) An error message like this- “File does not begin with %PDF.”
5) A frequent error displays- “Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem.”
6) An error message displays “There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.”
7) The PDF will not be opened.
8) The PDF will be hanged while printing.
9) Some errors occur while processing the page.
What we can do when a PDF file get damaged?
First of all we should take extra care of our PDF file, but unfortunately when it is damaged or corrupted we shouldn’t be hopeless. Usually when our important PDF corrupted or damaged, we get distressed. Certainly we can’t afford this specific problem. Therefore we do our best to solve the particular problem related to our PDF. First we should try to solve it manually, with the help of NOTEPAD as PDF file are text file internally. Check some details as PDF version is there like %PDF 1.6% or %PDF 1.4% in very start page, Then XREF pointers are OK and then check PAGE TREE.